Savitha Venkat is the founder and director of Kalanjali and started the institute in the year 2000.
- 18 years of teaching vocal music and various dance forms in music & dance academies.
Performances in All India Radio as a senior vocalist in “Geetha Lahari” programme, since 1999.
- Performances in Doordarshan, as a vocalist, in programmes like Janapada Siri, Shakthi, etc.
- Have previously been successful in training students for intra and inter school cultural competitions and have brought laurels to the school by winning awards.
To name a few: Isckon cultural fest- won first place 3 years in a row , ISRO cultural meet, NIE times of India fest, Kumaran’s school, MES Kishore Kendra etc
- Have experience of carrying out Annual day programs with immense knowledge about back stage organisation, stage lighting and set up of properties, editing of music and presenting a grandeur extravaganza in auditoriums like- Kanteerava indoor stadium, Ambedkar auditorium, ADA rangamandira and Ravindra Kalashetra.
- Vocal performances in “Udyanavanadalli Udaya Raga”, a music performance at prominent places in Bangalore city, sponsored by the Dept. of Kannada & Culture, Govt. of Karnataka.
- Vocal performances in functions like Thyagaraja Aradhana, Kannada Rajyotsava, etc, at various places in & around Bangalore, organised by the Department of Kannada & Culture.
- Performances in more than 500 cultural programmes in & around Karnataka during 1985 to 2000, as a senior vocal artist & choreographer for Bala Yuva Gana Mela – a cultural music & dance troupe from Udupi, Karnataka.
- Honoured with a title, ‘Sangeetha Kala Thilaka’ in the year 2004 by Sri Sathya Sai Mahila Charitable trust, Bangalore.
Faculty of dance
1. Namratha Ramesh began her dance training at the age of 8 and has successfully completed junior and senior level in Bharatnatyam.
2. Her passion towards this art form led her to receive training in Indian contemporary, Ballet and Bollywood style of dancing.
3. She has performed at various National level inter collegiate fests outside of Bangalore like Mood indigo- Bombay IIT, Waves-Bits Goa, Saarang- IIT chennai etc and has successfully brought the title back home.
4. She has also made her presence on television as a an anchor for Doordarshan Kannada, has performed for Colours Kannada, colours super and a reality show ‘dancing star’ season 2.
5. She is a theatre enthusiast and has been a part of ‘Bimba’ – centre for theatre education
6. Namratha has been a part of Shaimak Davar institute for performing arts under the special potential batch.
7. She has received appreciation for her performance by celebrities like Alisha Singh, Muddassar Khan of dance India dance, Nikhil Anand and also, Salman Yusuff Khan.
8. She has choreographed for school annual day events of National Public School, RNS vidyaniketan and many sangeeth projects.
9. She has also been a freelancer for Aayana dance company.
10. Namratha has been the secretary and led a professional dance team of Mount Carmel college to reach heights.
Faculty of art
Poornima is passionate person to teach children in different areas of learning and help them to overcome hurdles found in early childhood. She has about 20 years of experience in dealing young minds. She has an artistic background and immense talent in the field of fine arts. She teaches students various techniques used in sketching, portrait/landscape painting and craft work.
Apart from that she works on enhancing their communication skills, overcoming stage fright and becoming confident young minds.
She has played a huge role in bringing up this institute and has been a constant support to team Kalanjali.